ATTN: All residents and visitors of Hemlock Valley
Updated: ROLLING WATER OUTAGES DUE TO SHORTAGE
Due to the lack of water availability, the rolling water outages will continue until we receive enough rain to fill the reservoir and fill the underground springs that supply our reservoir. Our team currently are running the water treatment plant from approximately 7am to 6pm (or when the water runs out). Note that if usage is more than supply, the water will be turned off earlier.
Reminder: ALTERNATE WATER SOURCE
- A 3,000 Gallon tank is located in Parking Lot 4 (at the Corner of Laurel Road & Hemlock Valley Road) with water for Utility Customer Use
- We ask that you Limit yourself to 10 Gallons per household per day
- A Special thank you to Rapid Relief Team Global, as they will be filling this tank weekly with water to help support our community
NEW: Well Drilling
In December, we started down the path of adding 2 wells to our system. We have attained permission to drill two sites that we have identified and our driller is hoping to start drilling later this week, we are hopeful that they will find a significant enough source that we can utilize. Once we find water then the well needs to get tested for volume and water quality. Once that is completed we then need to apply for a water license to use the water, engineering for treating and how to tie into our line, Fraser Health Permits, and then construction. None of these stages are quick, but we are in contact with each of them and they understand the urgency. We will get these tied into our system as quickly as possible, but with Licensing and Permitting there is a possibility that it could take a year or more.
SEVERE WATER RESTRICTIONS REMAIN IN PLACE – Until further notice, the following are the ONLY PERMITTED uses of water:
- Drinking (we encourage purchasing water bottles) (boil water advisory)
- Brushing teeth using only what is necessary (boil water advisory)
- Dishwashing, either by hand or using a high-efficiency dishwasher (no running water) (boil water advisory)
- Shower of 5 minutes or less, but only if a flow restrictor is in place (avoid showering daily if possible)
- Flushing of Toilets only when necessary “if it’s yellow let it mellow”
- Laundry, only full loads in High Efficiency washers. Otherwise utilize a laundry mat in another community
ALL OTHER USES OF WATER ARE PROHIBITED, including but not limited to:
- NO HOTTUBS
- ABSOLUTELY NO FILLING OR ADDING WATER TO HOTTUBS, POOLS or FOUNTAINS
- ABSOLUTELY NO WATERING OF PLANTS or LAWNS, INDOOR OR OUTDOOR (Including hand watering)
- ABSOLUTLEY NO WASHING/PRESSURE WASHING OF VEHICLES, STRUCTURES, ROADS or BUILDINGS
Everyone needs to know and follow these restrictions, AND ANYONE WHO DOES NOT NEED TO BE IN HEMLOCK VALLEY SHOULD AVOID VISIITING.
Updated: BOIL WATER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT
Please be aware that the boil water advisory will remain in effect until we have had at least 2 weeks of consistent water supply
Warning: Boil or Otherwise Treat Your Water Before Using
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Do not Drink the water without Boiling it first or otherwise treating the water.
- Boil water for 1 minute (rolling boil). Preferably use a Kettle so as to reduce the risk of burns. Let it COOL before using.
- You can choose to use Bottled Water
- Boiled or bottled water should be used for DRINKING, COOKING, BRUSHING TEETH, WASHING READY TO EAT FOODS & WASHING DISHES.
- Store treated water in sanitary containers & keep refrigerated
Note: Brita Water Filters will NOT provide treatment for microbes
Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience,
Hemlock Valley Utilities