To: All residents and visitors of Hemlock Valley
UPDATE: WATER RESTRICTIONS FOR HEMLOCK VALLEY
Thank you to everyone who has restricted their water use, canceled or limited their visits to our community, cancelled short term-rentals, and have helped our team in finding leaks. Your efforts, along with the changing weather have made a significant impact that is allowing us to relax some of the water restrictions. Our Balancing Tank has now been refilled and the water plant has been running 24 hours a day for the last 72 hours and the reservoir is currently holding volume.
A special thank you goes out to the residents who have brought suspected leaks to the attention of our team. If you see water flowing where you don’t believe it should be, please leave a message on our Utilities Emergency Line at 604-314-7852 so our team can investigate.
We are lifting the request for people to avoid visiting Hemlock Valley, however Water restrictions remain in effect, please still only use for responsible personal use. A SIGNIFICANT USE OF WATER MAY RESULT IN THE RETURN TO ROLLING OUTAGES.
- Limit Showers to 5 minutes or less
- Absolutely no filling or adding water to Hot tubs, Pools or Fountains
- Absolutely not watering of outdoor plants or lawns
- Absolutely no washing/pressure washing of vehicles, structures, roads or buildings
BOIL WATER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT
Please be aware that the boil water advisory will remain in effect until we have had at least 2 weeks of consistent water supply
Warning: Boil or Otherwise Treat Your Water Before Using
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Do not Drink the water without Boiling it first or otherwise treating the water.
- Boil water for 1 minute (rolling boil). Preferably use a Kettle so as to reduce the risk of burns. Let it COOL before using.
- You can choose to use Bottled Water
- Boiled or bottled water should be used for DRINKING, COOKING, BRUSHING TEETH, WASHING READY TO EAT FOODS & WASHING DISHES.
- Store treated water in sanitary containers & keep refrigerated
Note: Brita Water Filters will NOT provide treatment for microbes
On behalf of the Hemlock Valley Utilities Team – Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.