ATTN: All residents and visitors of Hemlock Valley
ROLLING WATER OUTAGES DUE TO SHORTAGE
Please be aware, that due to the lack of water availability the water system is going to experience rolling outages. The Utilities team will continue to treat water when it is available. Due to the variable nature of the water usage as well as the low rate of water flowing into the reservoir we will not be able to update everyone when these outages and reactivations occur.
ALTERNATE WATER SOURCE
Hemlock Utilities Services is purchasing water to ensure a source of water is always available. This is good quality water but will require boiled.
- LIMIT OF 10 GALLONS PER HOUSEHOLD PER DAY
- Tank will be located in Parking Lot 4 at the Corner of Laurel Road & Hemlock Valley Road
- Bring your own containers for filling
- Water will be available late afternoon on Thursday, August 10th
SEVERE WATER RESTRICTIONS REMAIN IN PLACE – Until further notice, the following are the ONLY PERMITTED uses of water:
- Drinking (we encourage purchasing water bottles) (boil water advisory)
- Brushing teeth using only what is necessary (boil water advisory)
- Dishwashing, either by hand or using a high-efficiency dishwasher (no running water) (boil water advisory)
- Shower of 5 minutes or less, but only if a flow restrictor is in place (avoid showering daily if possible)
- Flushing of Toilets only when necessary “if it’s yellow let it mellow”
- Laundry, only full loads in High Efficiency washers. Otherwise utilize a laundry mat in another community
ALL OTHER USES OF WATER ARE PROHIBITED, including but not limited to:
- NO HOTTUBS
- ABSOLUTELY NO FILLING OR ADDING WATER TO HOTTUBS, POOLS or FOUNTAINS
- ABSOLUTELY NO WATERING OF PLANTS or LAWNS, INDOOR OR OUTDOOR (Including hand watering)
- ABSOLUTLEY NO WASHING/PRESSURE WASHING OF VEHICLES, STRUCTURES, ROADS or BUILDINGS
Everyone needs to know and follow these restrictions, AND ANYONE WHO DOES NOT NEED TO BE IN HEMLOCK VALLEY SHOULD AVOID VISIITING.
BOIL WATER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT
Warning: Boil or Otherwise Treat Your Water Before Using
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Do not Drink the water without Boiling it first or otherwise treating the water.
- Boil water for 1 minute (rolling boil). Preferably use a Kettle so as to reduce the risk of burns. Let it COOL before using.
- You can choose to use Bottled Water
- Boiled or bottled water should be used for DRINKING, COOKING, BRUSHING TEETH, WASHING READY TO EAT FOODS & WASHING DISHES.
- Store treated water in sanitary containers & keep refrigerated
Note: Brita Water Filters will NOT provide treatment for microbes
Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience,
Hemlock Valley Utilities