PLEASE NOTE: NOTICES THAT WERE HAND DELEVERED ACCIDENTLY REFERED TO THE BOIL WATER BEING LIFTED. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. THE BOIL WATER NOTICE IS IN EFFECT. We apologize for any confusion as in the rush to notify people and keep the water running the team accidentally used the incorrect template.
Thank you for your understanding
ATTN: All residents and visitors of Hemlock Valley v
BOIL WATER ADVISORY/WATER OUTAGE – EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
Please be aware, that effective immediately Hemlock Valley is on a boil water advisory.
Friday night the village saw an influx of visitors that drove up our water usage, officially draining our water reservoir and causing our water system to crash.
The Hemlock Valley Utilities team has switched us over to our very limited emergency water supply and has reduced system pressure to limit usage. However due to the system crash the system pressure dropped below acceptable ranges requiring us to go on a Boil Water Advisory.
The water supply coming out the ground to supply our reservoir has dropped well below the water usage, EVERYONE MUST TAKE THIS EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY – WE NEED TO DROP WATER USAGE BY OVER 70% otherwise there will be no water and no other feasible options.
Everyone needs to know and follow these restrictions, AND ANYONE WHO DOES NOT NEED TO BE IN HEMLOCK VALLEY SHOULD AVOID VISIITING.
BOIL WATER NOTICE
Warning: Boil or Otherwise Treat Your Water Before Using
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Do not Drink the water without Boiling it first or otherwise treating the water.
- Boil water for 1 minute (rolling boil). Preferably use a Kettle so as to reduce the risk of burns. Let it COOL before using.
- You can choose to use Bottled Water
- Boiled or bottled water should be used for DRINKING, COOKING, BRUSHING TEETH, WASHING READY TO EAT FOODS & WASHING DISHES.
- Store treated water in sanitary containers & keep refrigerated
Note: Brita Water Filters will NOT provide treatment for microbes
Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience,
Hemlock Valley Utilities