DECEMBER 10, 2022 BOIL WATER ADVISORY
Please be advised that Hemlock Valley Utilities is working on locating a water main break in the Village and are required to issue a boil water advisory until the location of the leak has been identified.
Boil Water Notices have been placed on homes throughout the village. Please make sure that renters and guests in your cabins are aware of the boil water notice. Please post it in a visible area inside rental suites.
BOIL WATER NOTICE
Warning: Boil or Otherwise Treat Your Water Before Using
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Do not Drink the water without Boiling it first or otherwise treating the water.
- Boil water for 1 minute (rolling boil). Preferably use a Kettle so as to reduce the risk of burns. Let it COOL before using.
- You can choose to use Bottled Water
- Boiled or bottled water should be used for DRINKING, COOKING, BRUSHING TEETH, WASHING READY TO EAT FOODS & WASHING DISHES.
- Store treated water in sanitary containers & keep refrigerated
OTHER METHODS OF TREATING YOUR WATER
Note: Brita Water Filters will NOT provide treatment for microbes
What Happened? What is being done?
We are working with the Fraser Health Authority to investigate/resolve this issue. We are currently monitoring the system hourly and assessing the quality and levels.
We will inform you when the problem has been corrected and tests show no bacteria, and you no longer need to boil your water.
If you have any further concerns or comments, you can contact David Fowler, Health inspector at Fraser Health email@example.com
This notice is being sent to you by Hemlock Valley Utilities.