WATER RESTRICTION IN EFFECT FOR HEMLOCK VALLEY EFFECTIVE JUNE 7, 2023
Water use restrictions are now in effect and apply to all users of the Hemlock Valley water system. We have a very limited water supply and do not want to be in a situation again where we could run out of water.
Until further notice, the following water uses are prohibited:
- Lawn watering or irrigation
- Dust Control Efforts for Roads and Driveways
- Filling of swimming pools
- Washing vehicles or building exteriors by pressure washer or hose.
There are many ways to conserve water:
- Limiting Changing of water for Hot Tubs to only when necessary
- Taking short showers and install water saver heads
- Turn off tap when brushing teeth or shaving
- Use a timer on taps. This will ensure taps are not left running accidentally
- Only water when plants need moisture or stick to watering times early in the morning or later in the evening
- Check your property for any leaks and dripping taps, and make sure all taps are properly turned off.
Failure to conform to these restrictions can result in a $50 Fine per contravention.
On behalf of the Hemlock Valley Utilities Team – Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.