Please be advised that effective immediately, extreme water restrictions and a Boil Water advisory are in place for Hemlock Valley.
Due to the extreme weather conditions, the lake providing water to our reservoir is not supplying an adequate volume of water to the reservoir to be treated. It is believed an ice dam has formed and is blocking the flow. We are putting the balancing tank into service as an emergency source of water. The balancing tank has not been yet been cleared by Fraser Health, therefore a Boil Water Advisory is necessary.
Due to the extreme shortage of water we ask that everyone limits their usage to necessary usage only. Crews will be investigating the feeder from the lake at first light in an attempt to resolve the situation.
- The water restriction will be lifted as soon as the water supply has been resolved.
- The Boil Water advisory will be lifted once we receive clearance from Fraser Health following testing next week when the lab reopens after their Christmas Closure.
Boil Water Notices will be delivered to homes throughout the village. Please make sure that renters and guests in your cabins are aware of the boil water notice. Please post it in a visible area inside rental suites.
BOIL WATER NOTICE
Warning: Boil or Otherwise Treat Your Water Before Using
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Do not Drink the water without Boiling it first or otherwise treating the water.
- Boil water for 1 minute (rolling boil). Preferably use a Kettle so as to reduce the risk of burns. Let it COOL before using.
- You can choose to use Bottled Water
- Boiled or bottled water should be used for DRINKING, COOKING, BRUSHING TEETH, WASHING READY TO EAT FOODS & WASHING DISHES.
- Store treated water in sanitary containers & keep refrigerated
OTHER METHODS OF TREATING YOUR WATER
Note: Brita Water Filters will NOT provide treatment for microbes
Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Hemlock Utilities Team